- UCAS code
- Up to 4 years
- Study location
- Delivery type
The BEng Engineering Programme offers students the opportunity to study a range of subjects in the first year of their degree. From second year, students then focus on their chosen specialisms to work towards an Engineering degree. A diverse choice of subjects is available. Students select eight courses to match their interests, typically choosing from two or three subject areas. Most BEng Engineering students select courses in some form of industrial design, whether it’s Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
Each student is allocated to a Director of Studies, who assists in the design of an individualised programme. The major disciplines available are: Mathematics; Civil Engineering; Building Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Robotics and Cybertronics; Computer Science; Information Systems; and Physics.
Learning and teaching
- Scheduled learning:31%
- Independent study:69%
- Practical: 5%
- Coursework: 24%
Work and study
This is what our BEngEngineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 77% are working
- 13% are studying
- 4% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar programme: £27000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Managers, directors and senior officials
- Quality and regulatory professionals
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations
- Process, plant and machine operatives
- Highers AABB or BBBBC
- A-Levels BBB
- HNC Depending on area of interest, we accept a wide range of HNCs and HNDs for Level 1 entry. Please contact us for further details.
- Int. Baccalaureate 31 points to include Higher Level Mathematics and Physics
- Scottish Baccalaureate Pass CC (studying Advanced Higher Maths and Physics is advised)
- Additional information Qualifications should include Mathematics and Physics (or Technological Studies). BEng Engineering is only available to Level 1 entrants.
|Status*||Scotland / EU**||England / Northern Ireland / Wales||International|
|Fee||Paid by SAAS||£9,000||£17,100|
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your programme. Find out more about tuition fees.
** European Union countries, not including England, Northern Ireland or Wales.
Scholarships & bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales starting undergraduate degree programmes in 2016
In addition to government maintenance loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships