Dubai Campus scholarships
Heriot-Watt University appreciates the investment students will make towards their education and, to help ease this financial burden, is in a position to offer a range of scholarships to those who qualify.
Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships are offered once for the first year of the programme.
Early Application Scholarship
A scholarship of AED 3000 will be awarded to any student, (foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate excluding MBA and School of Management & Languages (SML) undergraduate part-time ) applying before 31 May 2013 for September 2013 intake.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus Degree Entry Programme (DEP) students who enrolled in September 2012 or Jan 2013 are not eligible to apply for this scholarship when progressing to the undergraduate level.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus Undergraduate students completing their degree by September 2013 are not eligible to apply for this scholarship when applying for a postgraduate programme for September 2013 intake.
- Application deadline: 31 May 2013
To avail this scholarship, students must apply and pay 10% of their tuition fees as advance payment (non-refundable) against their tuition fee. UAE based students must also provide 10 post-dated cheques for their tuition fees dated from 5th September 2013 to 5th June 2014. The advance payment and post-dated cheques (if applicable) must be paid on or before 31 May 2013.
The Early Application Scholarship amount of AED 3000 will be distributed equally across the 10 payments made by the student.
This scholarship is applicable for students who have received an Unconditional Offer Letter or a Conditional Offer Letter from the university. Students who have received a Conditional Offer Letter must provide the remaining documents to receive an Unconditional Offer Letter from the university before the start of the academic year. In case a student does not meet the conditions required, his/her admission and scholarship both will become void and any tuition fee paid will be refunded back to the student.
For the avoidance of doubt, the advance payment of the fees paid is non-refundable if an unconditional offer letter has been issued.
Assistance with the payment of tuition fees may be available to help new and continuing students who have experienced unforeseen circumstances and are therefore in need of financial assistance towards payment of tuition fees.
This scholarship is applicable for all foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate students (excluding MBA)·
Scholarships are offered at a range of values and vary on a case to case basis·
Students may be required to submit relevant documents such as salary certificate, expense sheet, bank statements, full annual income declaration etc, in addition to the documents required for a scholarship application to apply for this scholarship.
The University offers a number of sports scholarships to eligible students.
All students applying for study in the Degree Entry Programme or the first year of anyundergraduate programme are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarships are offered at a range of values and vary on a case to case basis.
Students will be selected based on their performance in any sport at national/international level.
Students will be required to submit relevant sports certificates, recommendation letters from theirsports teacher etc. in addition to the documents required for a scholarship application to apply forthis scholarship.
Scholarships of AED 4000 will be offered when two or more students from the same immediate family enroll for any full-time foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate programme during the same intake.
Immediate family members include parents, spouse, and siblings.
This scholarship will apply to one enrolled family member.
As per each School at Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus 6.
10% of tuition fees and applies to students joining one of the MSc programmes running at the Dubai campus.
Notes on all scholarships above
- A student may apply for and receive more than one type of scholarship award.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarships mentioned above do not apply for MBA students
- Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships apply only for the September 2013 intake.
- Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships are to be offered once, for the first year only
- Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships apply for full-time programmes only
- Unless otherwise stated, the deadline for all scholarships is 1 August 2013.
- Unless otherwise stated, all undergraduate scholarships exclude BSc Construction Project Management and BSc Quantity Surveying
- Students must apply for scholarships using the Scholarship Request Form and must attach all required supporting documents as mentioned in the scholarship form.
- Additional forms and supporting documents may be required to decide on a scholarship request.
- All forms and supporting documents submitted must be in English (certified translated documents must be provided if the documents are not in English)
- Scholarships are applicable for the relevant intake and programme and cannot be deferred.
- Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred.
- Scholarships offered are for the Dubai Campus only and cannot be used for study at other campuses.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw or amend any scholarship policy from time to time.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any award of scholarship if a student is found in breach of any guidelines set by the university or has falsified any information.
- The decisions made by the university’s scholarship selection committee are final and there are no provisions or processes for appeal.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.