- Name: Music Scholarships
- Level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate (Taught/Research)
- School: All Schools
- Availability: All students
- Number of awards: Many
Heriot-Watt University awards many music scholarships each year supported by the Alumni Fund, in the form of free music tuition for talented singers and instrumentalists, up to a value of £400 per year. In addition, the Archer Music Scholarships, in memory of the late Professor John Archer, former Principal of Heriot-Watt University, offer two places each year for students taking part in residential courses, and one scholarship for a talented musician to receive music tuition up to a value of £500. The CAS Music Scholarships offer two places on the Heriot-Watt residential music course for students.
The following criteria are taken into consideration:
- musical ability and potential, proof of exam results and membership of orchestras or choirs. ABRSM Grade 8 is the required standard;
- a reference from your last vocal or instrumental teacher;
- in the case of the Archer and CAS Music Scholarships, a personal statement is also required.
All music scholars including the Archer Music Scholars will be expected to be members of the orchestra or choir, and attend all rehearsals and concerts. If eligible, students may apply for an academic scholarship in addition to a music scholarship.
Read more about our Music Scholarships including how to apply.
<< Return to the list of scholarships