Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourself on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We are pleased to be one of the recommended British universities by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Higher Education.
Previous students from Saudi Arabia have studied:
- Civil Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- Architectural Engineering (BEng/MEng/MSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- Chemical Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- MSc Energy
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- BSc Computer Science
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Food and Beverage Science
- MA Business Management
- MA Accountancy and Finance
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in different student societies through which they can participate in different activities to learn about Edinburgh and learn about the great cultural heritage.
In addition to these societies, Saudi Arabian students can join the Saudi Students Club in Edinburgh.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
- Thanawiyaa Amaa / Tawjihiyya/Shahadat Al-Thanawaya Al-Aama (Qatar): 85% overall with 90% in Maths for Science & Engineering students. Students with these qualifications are not eligible for the Foundation Pathway in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering unless they have further qualifications, e.g. Foundation qualification from elsewhere.
- All Saudi Arabian students are required to take the Heriot-Watt International Foundation programme.
- For the majority of our Masters level programmes we require a GPA of 3 out of 5 or equivalent in a relevant subject.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our , which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status.
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships & bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
Our representatives in Saudi Arabia
We work with approved representatives in Saudi Arabia who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme.Find your nearest representative.