Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourself on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We are pleased to be one of the recommended British universities by the Kuwaiti Cultural Office in London and we welcome a small number of students from Kuwait every year.
Previous students from Kuwait have studied:
- Civil Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- Architectural Engineering (BEng / MEng / MSc)
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- MSc Energy
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- MSc Food and Beverage Science
- MA Accountancy and Finance
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in different student societies through which they can participate in different activities to learn about Edinburgh and learn about the great cultural heritage.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- For entry we would require you to complete a foundation programme, such as that from the Heriot-Watt International Foundation programme, or from another provider before beginning an undergraduate degree. For entry to the Heriot-Watt International Foundation programme we require the Thanawya Amma / Secondary School leaving certificate with a minimum 85% GPA with minimum 85% in Maths, Physics and Chemistry for Engineering degrees. For other degrees we look for 85% in relevant subjects.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree with a GPA of around 3.0 out of 5.0 or equivalent or 60% in a relevant subject. Applicants with lower grades can be considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status.
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships & bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
Our representatives in Kuwait
We work with approved representatives in Kuwait who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme.Find your nearest representative.