Student life at Heriot-Watt
Heriot-Watt is a popular destination for students from Kazakhstan; we currently have 10 undergraduate students and 20-30 postgraduate students from Kazakhstan studying with us.
Previous students from Kazakhstan have studied:
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Finance
- MSc Strategic Project Management
- MSc Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- MSc Civil Engineering & Construction Management
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Actuarial Science
- MSc Reservoir Evaluation & Management
The Scotland-Russia Forum, based in Edinburgh's old town, is open to everyone interested in arts, culture, and contemporary affairs from Russia and Central Asia.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
- ATTESTAT with honours (grade 5s right through) or Gold medal students.
- Certificate of General Secondary Education with Honours.
- Certificate of Secondary Education with Altyn Belgi (gold medal).
- A good Certificate of General Secondary Education from a Turkish-Kazakh high schools.
- A good score in the Certificate of Secondary Education and around 100 points in the Unified National Test.
Students with lower than the above are required to take the Heriot-Watt foundation pathway. Successful completion of this leads to year 2 of your degree programme.
- A good Diploma of Specialised Secondary Education (Diplom o Srednem Spetsialnom Obrazovanii) in one professional discipline (taken after two to three years of specialist education in a college) may be considered.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree in a relevant subject.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status.
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships & bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
We are actively involved in the prestigious Bolashak scholarship programme.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
Our representatives in Kazakhstan
We work with approved representatives in Kazakhstan who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme.Find your nearest representative.