Dr Bankaru Swamy Soundharajan
School of the Built Environment
- Room 1.44 William Arrol Building
- Irrigation Water Management
- Hydrological Modelling
- Application of Crop Simulation models in Water Management
- Mitigation of Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P (2009) Deficit irrigation management for rice using crop growth simulation model in an optimization framework. Paddy and water environment, 7(2):135-149. http://www.springerlink.com/content/9258626266864648/fulltext.pdf
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P (2011) Sensitivity Analysis and auto-calibration of ORYZA2000 using simulation-optimization framework. Paddy and water environment (Available online). http://www.springerlink.com/content/p11h36385t654298/fulltext.pdf
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P. (2011) Irrigation water allocation in a simulation-optimisation framework. Water and energy international, 68(9): 40-46. http://www.indianjournals.com/ijor.aspx?target=ijor:wei&volume=68&issue=9&article=010
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K. P. (2011). Optimal Irrigation Scheduling Under Water Limited Conditions Using Aquacrop Model. 2011 ASABE Annual International Meeting, Kentucky, USA, August 7-10, 2011.
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K. P. (2011). Parameter estimation of the AquaCrop model for Blackgram(Vigna mungo), pp.67. In Ardakanian, R and Walter, T (eds) Capacity development for farm management strategies to improve crop-water productivity using AquaCrop: Lessons learned. UNW-DPC Publication series No.7, United Nations University, Bonn.
- Soundharajan, B (2011). Mitigation of Green House Gas emission from rice fields - through water management: Case study. Climate Food and Farming Research Network workshop, Nairobi, 9-11, November 2011.
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P.(2010).Optimal Irrigation Scheduling Using Crop Growth Simulation Model for Reservoir Irrigation Systems under Water Deficit Condition. EWRI of ASCE’s 3rd International Perspective on Current & Future State of Water Resources & the Environment, Chennai, India, 5-7 Jan 2010.
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P.(2009). Irrigation water management using a dynamic crop growth model. Proceedings of the International Conference on Water, Environment, Energy and Society, New Delhi, 12-16, January 2009.
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P.(2008). Application of a crop growth simulation model for enhancing the water use efficiency. Proceedings of the 2008 ASABE Annual International Meeting, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, June 29-July 2, 2008.
- Soundharajan, B and Sudheer, K.P.(2007). Irrigation water allocation in a Simulation-Optimization framework. Proceedings of the 6th International R&D conference on Sustainable development of water and energy resources, Lucknow, 13-16, February 2007.
- Soundharajan, B and Karunakaran, K (2007). Estimation of evapotranspiration from limited climatic data using artificial neural networks. Proceedings of the National conference on water and waste management, Kakinada, 23-24, April 2007.
- Sudheer, K.P., Srivastav,R.K., Soundharajan,B., Jain,S.K. (2006). Groundwater perspectives of Chennai: a costal city in India. 2nd GWSP-Asia Network workshop- Global Water System Hotspots in the Asian Region: Mega Cities and Dams. Guangzhou, China, 8-11, June 2006.
Dr Soundharajan graduated with a BE degree in Agricultural Engineering from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India and ME in Irrigation Water Management from Anna University, India. He got his PhD in Water Resources Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India in 2011. Before joining at Heriot-Watt University in 2012, he was working as a Project Scientist at International Water Management Institute.