Learning Enhancement and Development Skills (LEADS) is designed to develop basic teaching skills. It is accredited by the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and provides new teachers or tutors with a nationally recognised qualification. It covers areas such as:
- What is learning and teaching?
- Intercultural aspects of learning and teaching
- Demonstrating in a laboratory
- Assessing student learning
- Evaluating learning and teaching
LEADS is made up of three sections, each lasting one semester. You must complete the sections in order, starting with LEADS 1.
Who is it for?
PhD students starting their teaching careers as lab demonstrators, tutors, and teaching assistants find LEADS particularly helpful.
How to apply
LEADS is a very popular programme so apply early using our online booking system PDMS.