News from the Institute of Petroleum Engineering
FASTrac is 10 Years Old
Since 2005 FASTrac has undertaken 227 studies for 47 industry companies - providing real research impact.
SEM Image wins prize
An image submitted by the Centre for Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy (CESEM) to FEI's 2014 micrograph competition won one of the prizes for December 2014.
Work starts on world-leading new Lyell Centre
Work has started on the new GBP 20m Lyell Centre for earth and marine science and technology at Heriot-Watt University's Edinburgh Campus with a ground breaking ceremony at the site.
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Major improvement in REF performance
- UK Government's £2.5m funding for CO2 storage evaluation
- Society of Petroleum Engineers PetroBowl XIII competition, Amsterdam
- Professor's multitasking visit to the Dubai Campus
- Secretary of State visits the NERC Centre for Doctoral Training in Oil and Gas