News from the School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
Quantum Technology Research Centre
Scotland’s leading quantum technology research centre, which brings together experts from Heriot-Watt and the Universities of Glasgow, Bristol and Edinburgh, has been officially opened.
Scottish launch of the UNESCO International Year of Light
The event marks the launch of a series of Royal Society of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University events celebrating the importance of light and optical technologies.
Mechanical engineering student shooting for success
Seonaid McIntosh, a 1st year Mechanical Engineering student and Sports Scholar, had success at Intershooting, the annual international shooting competition for Air Pistol and Air Rifle.
Heriot-Watt academic shortlisted for UK Energy Innovation Awards
Dr David Flynn, of the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, has been selected as a finalist in the UK Energy Innovation Awards 2015.
- Epigem contribute to Heriot-Watt research into MS
- New Malaysia Campus opened
- Synthetic DNA gel points the way to printing artificial organs
- Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools
- Major improvement in REF performance
- UK Government's £2.5m funding for CO2 storage evaluation
- Heriot-Watt plays leading role in UK's Network of Quantum Technology Hubs