News from the School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
Scientists from Heriot-Watt and the University of Glasgow slow down the speed of light.
Lunchtime lectures at the Institute of Petroleum Engineering
The Brown Bag Seminar Series on Multi-scale and Multi-physical Modelling and Simulation in Geoengineering.
CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
The role of structural geology in ensuring that anthropogenic CO2 piped deep underground remains there.
Dr. Eitan Abraham, Professors Marc Desmulliez and Paul Conway from Heriot-Watt University and Loughborough University, organised a workshop devoted to Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing on 5 and 6 December 2014.
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools
- Major improvement in REF performance
- UK Government's £2.5m funding for CO2 storage evaluation
- Heriot-Watt plays leading role in UK's Network of Quantum Technology Hubs
- Funding for Large Scale Antenna Systems
- Robotics expert Hiroshi Ishiguro visits Heriot-Watt
- Make whisky, grow salmon
- Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe
- Lack of maths skills of primary concern
- IB3 Imaging's got talent
- BiteSizeBio - Brain Food for Biologists
- CDT in Embedded Intelligence wins award