News from the School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
Dr Suzanne Costello elected as Chair of IMAPS-UK
Heriot-Watt alumna Dr Suzanne Costello has been elected Chair of the UK chapter of the International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS).
Heriot-Watt team printing the future at the London Science Museum
Dr Will Shu and his team have demonstrated their 3D stem cell printer at the Science Museum in London.
Heriot-Watt Dubai student awarded runner-up prize at Phoenix Contact's Xplore New Automation Competition
Fourth year Electric and Electronics Engineering student, Rakesh Joe Francy has picked up second prize in an international competition which took place in Germany.
Celebrating Science and Inspiring the next generation
Researchers ranging from microbiologists to physicists were brought together with 180 students from seven different Edinburgh schools in an interactive and informal event held at Our Dynamic Earth.
EnLightening workshop to celebrate British Science Week
The Wellcome Trust and EPSRC funded ‘EnLightenment’ project has got underway at the start of British Science Week 2015, with a workshop at the Scottish Schools Education Research Centre in Fife.
Heriot-Watt siblings win innovation prize
A brother and sister Heriot-Watt student team has been announced as one of three winners of ‘Sports Innovation Challenge’.
- First Minister and team visit Heriot-Watt's Edinburgh Campus
- PhD student presents research at the House of Commons
- Academics receive RSE recognition
- Heriot-Watt contributes to major Engineering report
- Quantum Technology Research Centre
- Scottish launch of the UNESCO International Year of Light
- Mechanical engineering student shooting for success
- Heriot-Watt academic shortlisted for UK Energy Innovation Awards
- Epigem contribute to Heriot-Watt research into MS
- New Malaysia Campus opened
- Synthetic DNA gel points the way to printing artificial organs
- Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools