Edinburgh Campus news
Academics receive RSE recognition
Two Heriot-Watt professors are among distinguished individuals elected to become Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE).
Former Mercedes F1 Team Principal Ross Brawn in conversation with Bob Keiller
Heriot-Watt’s Development and Alumni Office recently hosted a head to head discussion by two of the most respected leaders in their fields.
Heriot-Watt contributes to major Engineering report
Heriot-Watt has contributed to a major independent report on the economic impact of engineering in the UK.
Quantum Technology Research Centre
Scotland’s leading quantum technology research centre, which brings together experts from Heriot-Watt and the Universities of Glasgow, Bristol and Edinburgh, has been officially opened.
Are you up for the 2015 Converge Challenge?
Converge Challenge has expanded its award categories for 2015, giving research staff and students an even greater opportunity to challenge for the £100,000 prize fund.
Scottish launch of the UNESCO International Year of Light
The event marks the launch of a series of Royal Society of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University events celebrating the importance of light and optical technologies.
Heriot-Watt study shows almost one-third of Welsh adults struggling with long term pain
Thousands of Welsh adults have not learnt to live with the symptoms of persistent health conditions, according to a new study published in the International Journal of Cardiology.
Diving course launched
A group of early career scientist from around the UK has taken part in a new Heriot-Watt run course to bring them up to industry standard in scientific diving.
NERC Centre for Doctoral Training in Oil and Gas welcomes UK Energy Minister
PhD students from the NERC CDT in Oil and Gas and the Shell Centre for Exploration Geoscience welcomed the UK Secretary of State for Energy and Business and Enterprise, Matthew Hancock, to a seminar on Petroleum Systems Analysis.
Heriot-Watt academic gives evidence to Parliament on British Sign Language
Professor Graham Turner, Director of the Centre for Translation & Interpreting Studies in the School of Management and Languages, was among the experts invited to give evidence to the Scottish Parliament's Education and Culture Committee.
Mechanical engineering student shooting for success
Seonaid McIntosh, a 1st year Mechanical Engineering student and Sports Scholar, had success at Intershooting, the annual international shooting competition for Air Pistol and Air Rifle.
Heriot-Watt academic shortlisted for UK Energy Innovation Awards
Dr David Flynn, of the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, has been selected as a finalist in the UK Energy Innovation Awards 2015.
BP to fund £1.25m centre on energy economics and policy
Heriot-Watt University is setting up a new Centre for Energy Economics Research and Policy with funding of £1.25m over three years from BP.
- Heriot-Watt student success at CIOB Scotland Student Challenge
- Society of Petroleum Engineers bursaries - EGIS IPE student success
- Epigem contribute to Heriot-Watt research into MS
- New Malaysia Campus opened
- Synthetic DNA gel points the way to printing artificial organs
- PhD student wins National Student Awards
- Architectural Engineering students win Happold Trust Scholarships
- FASTrac is 10 Years Old
- New supply chain system for blood, tissue and cell therapy products
- Work starts on new University residences
- Heriot-Watt University retains HR Excellence in Research award
- SEM Image wins prize
- Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
- Water Technology and Desalination MSc launched
- Work starts on world-leading new Lyell Centre
- Heriot-Watt researchers involved in report on severe and multiple disadvantage in England
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing
- REF Results for MACS
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Neurotransmission caught on camera
- Echolocation acts as substitute sense for blind people
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools
- Major improvement in REF performance
- UK Government's £2.5m funding for CO2 storage evaluation
- RTPI Longstanding Commitment Award for Dr John McCarthy
- Civil Engineering students awarded SIAS Certificates
- Complex jobs may protect thinking skills in later life
- Contractor announced for Lyell Centre
- Heriot-Watt Lecturer wins a joint R&D bid
- Heriot-Watt Academic Addresses Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Heriot-Watt MASTS researchers develop proposals with Colombian colleagues