Edinburgh Campus news
Technology and Academic collaboration to visualise urban developments
The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design in collaboration with Linknode Ltd have commenced a research and development project which will deliver an augmented reality solution for visualising urban developments.
Onions for capuchin monkeys and clay for parrots: really wild medicine
Research has shown that parrots will eat clay to help alleviate stomach pain, while chimpanzees will instead opt for eating rough leaves with hook-like hairs on their surface to combat their own intestinal parasites.
Sports Scholar helps Glasgow City to Cup Final
Megan Cunningham, a third year Human Health student and Sports Scholar, has already made an impact for Glasgow City Ladies Football Club by helping the title holders reach next month’s Scottish Women's Premier League Cup Final.
Minister Counsellor Jin Xu visits Heriot-Watt
A delegation led by Minister Counsellor Jin Xu from the Chinese Ministry of Commerce toured a number of laboratories and discussed opportunities for furthering university-industry links.
Underground coal gasification and the coalmine of the 21st century
The Institute of Petroleum Engineering hosted a one day course commissioned by Cluff Natural Resources plc to provide an understanding of some of the issues related to the exploitation of coal resources using underground gasification.
Seonaid McIntosh, a 1st year Mechanical Engineering student and Sports Scholar, won gold medal in the 10m Junior Women’s Air Rifle at the International Shooting Competition of Hannover.
SML Business Venturing students make drivers aware of cycling safety
The School of Management and Languages were delighted to welcome representatives from Scotland’s business community as part of its annual Business Venturing competition.
- Slip on a banana skin and take to the catwalk
- Oriam CEO announced
- Scottish Crucible 2015 launched at Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Heriot-Watt among world 100 top universities under 50
- Brewing and Distilling anniversary dinner
- Heriot-Watt in World University Rankings
- Heriot-Watt at the Science Festival
- Complete University Guide 2016
- Cabinet Secretary visits Heriot-Watt laboratory
- Clean, green marine microbes with largest School of Life Sciences award
- Incredible Power of Light at Scottish Parliament
- Computer Science student chosen to present at BCSWomen event
- Work starts on Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre
- Dr Suzanne Costello elected as Chair of IMAPS-UK
- Heriot-Watt team printing the future at the London Science Museum
- Celebrating Science and Inspiring the next generation
- Heriot-Watt Crucible VII promotes new research collaborations
- Panama Bilingue
- EnLightening workshop to celebrate British Science Week
- Launch of new mathematical Centre for Doctoral Training
- New Principal for Heriot-Watt
- First Minister and team visit Heriot-Watt's Edinburgh Campus
- Textiles Future Forum
- Funding announcement favourable for Heriot-Watt
- Major donations awarded to Lyell Centre development
- PhD student presents research at the House of Commons
- Heriot-Watt joins educational route towards Hydro Nation
- MP visits Robotics Centre
- Academics receive RSE recognition
- Former Mercedes F1 Team Principal Ross Brawn in conversation with Bob Keiller
- Heriot-Watt contributes to major Engineering report
- Quantum Technology Research Centre
- Are you up for the 2015 Converge Challenge?
- Scottish launch of the UNESCO International Year of Light
- Heriot-Watt study shows almost one-third of Welsh adults struggling with long term pain
- Diving course launched
- NERC Centre for Doctoral Training in Oil and Gas welcomes UK Energy Minister
- Heriot-Watt academic gives evidence to Parliament on British Sign Language
- Mechanical engineering student shooting for success