Edinburgh Campus news
Work starts on Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre
The Minister for Sport, Jamie Hepburn MSP, has performed the ground breaking ceremony for Oriam, Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre, at the Heriot-Watt Edinburgh Campus.
Dr Suzanne Costello elected as Chair of IMAPS-UK
Heriot-Watt alumna Dr Suzanne Costello has been elected Chair of the UK chapter of the International Microelectronics Assembly and Packaging Society (IMAPS).
Heriot-Watt team printing the future at the London Science Museum
Dr Will Shu and his team have demonstrated their 3D stem cell printer at the Science Museum in London.
Celebrating Science and Inspiring the next generation
Researchers ranging from microbiologists to physicists were brought together with 180 students from seven different Edinburgh schools in an interactive and informal event held at Our Dynamic Earth.
Heriot-Watt Crucible VII promotes new research collaborations
The seventh Heriot-Watt Crucible programme has ended this month with a wealth of new interdisciplinary research collaborations set to flourish between researchers from the five Edinburgh-based research centres nominated to take part.
The School of Management and Languages welcomed a group of teachers as part of the Panama Bilingue programme, an initiative of the Panamanian government to improve bilingual education and teaching methodologies.
EnLightening workshop to celebrate British Science Week
The Wellcome Trust and EPSRC funded ‘EnLightenment’ project has got underway at the start of British Science Week 2015, with a workshop at the Scottish Schools Education Research Centre in Fife.
Launch of new mathematical Centre for Doctoral Training
The Maxwell Institute Graduate School in Mathematical Analysis and its Applications (MIGSAA) has been launched.
- New Principal for Heriot-Watt
- First Minister and team visit Heriot-Watt's Edinburgh Campus
- Textiles Future Forum
- Funding announcement favourable for Heriot-Watt
- Major donations awarded to Lyell Centre development
- PhD student presents research at the House of Commons
- Heriot-Watt joins educational route towards Hydro Nation
- MP visits Robotics Centre
- Academics receive RSE recognition
- Former Mercedes F1 Team Principal Ross Brawn in conversation with Bob Keiller
- Heriot-Watt contributes to major Engineering report
- Quantum Technology Research Centre
- Are you up for the 2015 Converge Challenge?
- Scottish launch of the UNESCO International Year of Light
- Heriot-Watt study shows almost one-third of Welsh adults struggling with long term pain
- Diving course launched
- NERC Centre for Doctoral Training in Oil and Gas welcomes UK Energy Minister
- Heriot-Watt academic gives evidence to Parliament on British Sign Language
- Mechanical engineering student shooting for success
- Heriot-Watt academic shortlisted for UK Energy Innovation Awards
- BP to fund £1.25m centre on energy economics and policy
- Heriot-Watt student success at CIOB Scotland Student Challenge
- Society of Petroleum Engineers bursaries - EGIS IPE student success
- Epigem contribute to Heriot-Watt research into MS
- New Malaysia Campus opened
- Synthetic DNA gel points the way to printing artificial organs
- PhD student wins National Student Awards
- Architectural Engineering students win Happold Trust Scholarships
- FASTrac is 10 Years Old
- New supply chain system for blood, tissue and cell therapy products
- Work starts on new University residences
- Heriot-Watt University retains HR Excellence in Research award
- SEM Image wins prize
- Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
- Water Technology and Desalination MSc launched
- Work starts on world-leading new Lyell Centre
- Heriot-Watt researchers involved in report on severe and multiple disadvantage in England
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing
- REF Results for MACS
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Neurotransmission caught on camera
- Echolocation acts as substitute sense for blind people
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools