Edinburgh Campus news
FASTrac is 10 Years Old
Since 2005 FASTrac has undertaken 227 studies for 47 industry companies - providing real research impact.
New supply chain system for blood, tissue and cell therapy products
An improved donor-to-patient supply chain for blood, tissue and cell therapy products across Scotland, is being developed by academics from Heriot-Watt.
Work starts on new University residences
Work on the second phase of new residences at Heriot-Watt University’s Edinburgh Campus has started.
Heriot-Watt University retains HR Excellence in Research award
Heriot-Watt University has successfully retained its HR Excellence in Research award from the European Commission.
SEM Image wins prize
An image submitted by the Centre for Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy (CESEM) to FEI's 2014 micrograph competition won one of the prizes for December 2014.
Scientists slow down the speed of light travelling through air
Scientists from Heriot-Watt and the University of Glasgow slow down the speed of light.
Water Technology and Desalination MSc launched
On Tuesday 20 January Professor Garry Pender, Head of the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society, and Professor Bhaskar Sen Gupta launched the new MSc in Water, Technology and Desalination at the International Water Summit in Abu Dhabi.
Work starts on world-leading new Lyell Centre
Work has started on the new GBP 20m Lyell Centre for earth and marine science and technology at Heriot-Watt University's Edinburgh Campus with a ground breaking ceremony at the site.
Heriot-Watt researchers involved in report on severe and multiple disadvantage in England
LankellyChase Foundation with Heriot-Watt University has released the most robust research to date on severe and multiple disadvantage in England.
- CCS technology ripe for debate among UK geologists
- Naturally-Inspired Manufacturing
- REF Results for MACS
- Research Fellow wins PhD award
- Neurotransmission caught on camera
- Echolocation acts as substitute sense for blind people
- Ingenious Scheme starts in local schools
- Major improvement in REF performance
- UK Government's £2.5m funding for CO2 storage evaluation
- RTPI Longstanding Commitment Award for Dr John McCarthy
- Civil Engineering students awarded SIAS Certificates
- Complex jobs may protect thinking skills in later life
- Contractor announced for Lyell Centre
- Heriot-Watt Lecturer wins a joint R&D bid
- Heriot-Watt Academic Addresses Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Heriot-Watt MASTS researchers develop proposals with Colombian colleagues
- Heriot-Watt plays leading role in UK's Network of Quantum Technology Hubs
- Heriot-Watt research flows directly to UK flood mitigation inquiry
- Society of Petroleum Engineers PetroBowl XIII competition, Amsterdam
- November Graduations
- Researchers runners up in Environmental YES Competition
- Study to use Google data search analytics to understand marine networks
- Professor Pender elected as Chair of the Institution of Civil Engineers Scotland
- Women in Property visit the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society
- Real Estate student receives Jones Lang LaSalle Prize
- Funding for Large Scale Antenna Systems
- Centre for Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology gives presentations at the Oil and Gas UK Environment Seminar
- Heriot-Watt professor gives talk at the Houses of Parliament
- Robotics expert Hiroshi Ishiguro visits Heriot-Watt
- Make whisky, grow salmon
- Heriot-Watt lecturer appointed Associate Editor for Automation in Construction
- Swimming success
- Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe
- Student wins Women in Science and Engineering award
- Lecturer wins Best Young Railway Researcher Award
- Science not Gender, showing kids it's all up for grabs
- Heriot-Watt robot engineers visit Leith schoolchildren
- Commemorative stone hosted at Heriot-Watt
- Secretary of State visits the NERC Centre for Doctoral Training in Oil and Gas
- Heriot-Watt academic invited to 40th Anniversary of the Institute of Acoustics
- Confucius Institute welcomes new colleagues
- Lack of maths skills of primary concern
- Centre for Finance and Investment Annual Debate at Heriot-Watt University
- Site visits for first year Civil and Structural Engineering students
- Culverwell Prize for Urban Planning and Property Development student
- Professor Laghrouche elected as Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Travel companion App wins competition
- IB3 Imaging's got talent
- First Minister visits sportscotland Institute of Sport (East)
- Professor Umit Bititci awarded 'ilovektp' Badge
- BiteSizeBio - Brain Food for Biologists
- iPads to tell eco-villagers and businesses when to switch on
- Inaugural 'Shaping the World' lecture to be given by Professor Paul Jowitt