Scholarships for Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
A range of financial assistance
There are numerous forms of finance available to help support the cost of studying at Heriot-Watt Malaysia which are detailed below:
Heriot-Watt University Scholarship Schemes for 2013/2014
Scholarships offered provide:
- Up to 30% of the tuition fee for MSc programmes
- Up to the value of RM 20,000 for MBA programmes
When to apply for Scholarships
Closing date 15 November 2013 for January 2014 intake.
- Minimum of second class upper honours degree or equivalent
- Proven academic and professional merit. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate financial need
- Candidates are not sponsored or have any other source of education sponsorship (this excludes loans and drawings against EPF)
- Candidates may also be invited for an interview (in person, by video or by telephone) by the Scholarship Committee
- A written reference from the applicant’s manager / employer (if applicable)
- Completed scholarship application form and essay
- Unconditional offer letter
For more details please download the Scholarship application form
Heriot-Watt Alumni Discount
Alumni Discount – Postgraduate Studies only
A discount of 10% is granted to alumni of Heriot-Watt University who register for postgraduate programmes of study at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. This discount does not apply to the MBA programme and is awarded on receipt of documentary evidence of an undergraduate or postgraduate award from Heriot-Watt University.
Family Discount - Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
A discount of 10% is granted to children and/or spouse of a Heriot-Watt University alumni who register for a programme of study at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. This discount is also granted to siblings of currently registered students of Heriot-Watt University Malaysia who register for a programme of study at the University. This discount does not apply to the MBA programme and is awarded on receipt of documentary evidence proving the relationship of the registered applicant and the alumnus or student.
Students may withdraw from their EPF Account 2 to fund their studies. The maximum value depends on the funds available in the student’s account or the annual tuition fee of the programme (whichever is lower). EPF normally takes less than 2 weeks for processing. Students need to download the EPF withdrawal application form and inform the programme staff so that the necessary supporting documents can be prepared for submission.
Students may apply for the MyMaster grant for an amount up to a maximum of RM10,000. Students will need to download the application form and prepare documents required for submission. For more detailed information, please refer to the MyBrain15 website. It is advisable for students who wish to apply for the MyBrain15 grant to apply as soon as possible as a 3-4 month processing period is typically required.