Renewable Energy Engineering MSc
KPT/JPS (PA 2721) 02/18
This programme is a specialist programme with a clear Mechanical Engineering focus. It aims to equip students with a widespanning, yet detailed overview of renewable energy resources and their exploitation, as well as the socio-economic and environmental impacts of related activities. To do this, the programme provides a broad introduction to current energy issues and specialist knowledge and skills to analyse, appraise or design renewable energy systems or equipment.
This programme is an advanced MSc in the rapidly expanding area of renewable energy engineering. It is aimed at students wishing to develop critical understanding of the significant changes taking place in the energy industry due to the development and integration of wind, marine, biomass and solar technologies. The programme will enable graduates to develop and implement creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage and management.
- Foundations of Energy
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Advanced Renewable Energy Engineering
- Demand Management and Energy Storage
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Critical Analysis and Research Preparation
- Masters Dissertation
Optional Courses (select two)
- Electrical Power Systems
- Heat Transfer and Heat Exchangers
- Economics of Renewable Energy Engineering
Many of the students studying on this programme are in employment. By gaining the Masters degree in Renewable Energy Engineering, they enhance their career prospects with their current employer, both by virtue of the qualification and because they are able to contribute more through application of the knowledge and skills they have gained. As the importance of the renewable energy sector continues to increase, this programme equips graduates to move into other areas of employment in this exciting field.
Assessment of the taught component is through a balance of examinations and coursework.
- A relevant first or second class Honours degree in a physical science, engineering or other related discipline.
- If English is not your first language then you must provide evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5.