Riccarton Library provides a range of different areas on all four levels, where you can study. How do you like to study?
You like to study in silence
- Levels 1 and 3 are for quiet study only - no conversations; phones switched off.
- 20 individual Study Rooms on Levels 3 & 4. Ask at the Service Desk to see if one is available. You can use a room for an hour, or for the whole day. No advance booking.
You don't want to study in complete silence
- Levels 2 and 4 are for quiet discussion.
- Please show consideration for other students in these areas
- set your phone to silent alert and no loud discussions.
- Why not use a Group Study Room if you need to work together
for an extended time - register with the Service Desk staff to
use these rooms.
- Dewey's - the Library Café is on Level 2.
You like to work with a group of fellow-students
- Group Study Room on Level 2 with space for 3 groups of up to 6 students
- 2 Group Study Rooms on Level 3, each with space for 1 group of students. Each room is equipped with a networked PC, a smartboard, projection facilities, and purpose-built furniture.
- Register to use these rooms at the Service Desk
- Reserve these rooms in advance at the Service Desk
You like to use your laptop
- The university wireless network covers the whole building
Please show consideration for fellow-students
- Keep noise to a minimum in the study areas - why not take a break in Dewey's if you need to talk?
- Switch your phone off while you're in the Library - or set it to silent alert
- Go outside or into the stairwell if you need to make or take a phonecall.
- Remember that noise is magnified in the stairwells, so only talk quietly as you go up & down the stairs