Key marketing messages
- Heriot-Watt University is a global player with an international presence and global reach. Heriot-Watt University is Scotland's international university with an unsurpassed international in-country presence. We deliver degree programmes to 11,800 students in 150 countries around the world University, 50% of the students verseas, who are awarded a Scottish degree, obtain that degree from Heriot-Watt University;
- We have exceptional student recruitment success with 21,000 Heriot-Watt students globally; 1,400 of these are at our Dubai Campus
- Annually, nearly 95% of our students take up full time employment and/or further study
- Heriot-Watt University is a world-leading institution in science, technology and business, our research is world-class and cutting edge and we are in the top 5% of universities worldwide. In the UK Research Assessment Exercise, 2008, 50% of HWU research was assessed as world leading or internationally excellent and 87% of was rated as of international quality
- We continue to attract significant research funding year on year and nearly 90% of our academic staff are involved in research activity
- The University is leading the way in critical global issues such as; the environment and climate change, risk and modelling, infrastructure and transport, and the interface between life and physical sciences With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made us one of the top UK universities for business and industry.
- Heriot-Watt was granted University Status by Royal Charter in 1966.
- We have the largest international student cohort in Scotland with about one third of our students coming from countries outside the UK.