Architectural Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Duration Full-time: 4 years
- Delivery type Day
- Intake date September
- Fees 58000 AED per year
The programme is aimed at those who wish to understand the various aspects of sustainable building engineering design, including the basic design of space, analysis of buildings, human response to physical aspects of the built environment and the design of building services systems to create and maintain high performance indoor environments such as thermal comfort, lighting and acoustics. Associated with the programme is an understanding of management and business practices that form the basis of modern architectural engineering and related fundamentals of mathematics and science.
Provides a general introduction to engineering, the built environment, mathematics and design.
Expands on the basics of first year to include design project and problem solving courses, and provides specialist subjects such as building services technology and acoustics.
Provides greater depth in topics related to sustainable servicing and operation of buildings, and introduces professional issues such as safety and management topics and the use of proprietary advanced design analysis software.
Fourth year students complete a research dissertation and bring together their skills and knowledge in a major design project to engage with subjects in greater detail. Further depth in technical and professional topics is provided through sustainable and intelligent buildings courses.
Graduates from the Architectural Engineering programme can expect to find jobs in multinational engineering, architectural and sustainability consultancies, government organisations, contractors and small to medium-sized private sector firms (architectural engineering).
Why study Architectural Engineering at Heriot-Watt University in Dubai?
- The first and only programme in the Gulf region to offer a UK Architectural Engineering degree that combines the best of both worlds (engineering and architecture)
- The programme gives you both engineering skills and an understanding of architecture so that you are able to help transform architectural drawings into reality.
- Our programme is designed to help shape the built environment for the 21st century, in terms of providing a sustainable, energy efficient, low carbon and green society.
- Throughout the courses of study, you are provided with the opportunity to develop an awareness of the fundamental interaction between environmental, technological, design and human factors.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE 70%.
- American High School Diploma Pass plus SATs with an overall score of 1500.
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points.
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering) with a BBBB.
- A mix of A-Levels and AS-Levels are accepted as long as there are no duplicate subjects in each of the levels
- Compulsory subjects to include Mathematics and Physics.
Second year entry
- GCE A-Levels BBB.
- International Baccalaureate 28 points.
- CBSE Overall 85%
- American High School + 3AP at grade 4
- American High School + SATs 1800
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 Academic (with no element below 6).