Architectural Engineering BEng (Hons)How to apply »
- Full-time: 4 years
- Delivery type
- Intake date
The programme is for those who wish to understand the energy, CO2 and functional performance-related engineering strategies and systems used in buildings to ensure high performance, and also how these relate to basic aspects of architectural design such as spatial design and human response to the physical features of the built environment. Fundamental and integral to the programme is a grounding in mathematics and building science as well as an understanding of the management and professional practices that form the knowledge base and skills of the modern architectural engineering professional.
The programme is structured around three main themes:
- Energy and sustainability of buildings
- Systems and whole building design
- Human behaviour and interaction with buildings.
Why study Architectural Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- The first and only programme in the Gulf region to offer a UK Architectural Engineering degree that combines the best of both worlds (engineering and architecture)
- The programme gives you both engineering skills and an understanding of architecture so that you are able to help transform architectural drawings into reality.
- Our programme is designed to help shape the built environment for the 21st century, in terms of providing a sustainable, energy efficient, low carbon and green society.
- Throughout the courses of study, you are provided with the opportunity to develop an awareness of the fundamental interaction between environmental, technological, design and human factors.
Provides a general introduction to engineering, the built environment, mathematics and architectural design.
Expands on the basics of first year to include problem solving and designoriented courses, and provides specialist subjects such as Building Services Technology and Acoustics.
Provides greater depth in topics related to the engineering systems, energy services and operation of buildings, and introduces professional issues such as safety and management and the use of performance analysis software.
Fourth year students complete a research dissertation and bring together their skills and knowledge in a major design project to engage with technical and professional topics in greater depth.
Graduates from the Architectural Engineering programme can expect to find jobs in multinational architectural, building services and engineering companies, government organisations and small to medium-sized private sector firms (architectural engineering, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering).
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE 70%.
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s 1500
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points.
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering) with a BBBB.
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5
- Compulsory subjects to include Mathematics, Physics and English.
Second year entry
- GCE A-Levels BBB.
- International Baccalaureate 28 points.
- CBSE Overall 85%
- American High School + 3AP at grade 4
- American High School + SAT 1s 1800
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent 85%
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
- AED 58000 per year
Scholarships & bursaries
See our range of scholarships and discounts.