Facilities Management MSc / DiplomaHow to apply »
- 1 year (full-time) / 2 years (part-time)
- Delivery type
- Weekday evenings and Fridays
- Intake date
- September, January
The professional field of facilities management is growing rapidly worldwide, establishing itself as the source of strategic management for the coordination of modern business processes and support facilities.
The Facilities Management programme develops competencies and skills to enable its graduates to manage facilities effectively in a changing business world. Taught from the perspective of strategic facilities management, the programme will invest in students the skills necessary to realise the strategic potential of facilities management to contribute to business effectiveness.
The programme is industry relevant, ensuring that graduates are able to quickly make a positive and effective contribution to the success of their working environment.
The programme is fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Full-time students take four courses in Semester 1 and a further four courses in Semester 2.
Taught courses include:
- Service Procurement and Provision
- Contracts and Procurement
- Sustainable Practices in Facilities Management
- Value and Risk Management
- Asset Maintenance Management
- People and Organisation Management in the Built Environment
- Space Planning and Management
- Construction Financial Management
In addition to these taught courses, students pursuing the Master’s qualification undertake a research project. Students can study individual courses to meet the continued professional learning requirements of the built environment professions.
- Bachelor's Honours Degree A good first or second class Honours degree (in a cognate or semicognate discipline).
- Professional/Corporate Membership Membership of a professional institution in a cognate discipline that normally requires an Honours degree for entry.
- Bachelor's Honours Degree A third class Honours degree in a cognate or semi-cognate discipline PLUS two years of relevant post-qualification work experience at a suitable level...
- Bachelor's Degree An Ordinary degree in a cognate or semi-cognate discipline PLUS three to four years of relevant post-qualification work experience at a suitable level.
- Applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or have no formal academic qualifications will be considered individually based on their CV and an interview process and may enter the PGDip route. Admission via this route is at the discretion of the director of studies and for a limited number of applicants only.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (with all elements passed at 6.0 or above). Applicants who have completed secondary and tertiary education will need to provide documentary evidence. A minimum of one year full-time study in English will be required.
- AED 70000
Scholarships & bursaries
See our range of scholarships and discounts.