Degree Entry Programme Engineering / Computing
- Duration 2 semesters (full-time)
- Delivery type Day
- Intake date September, January
- Fees 38000 AED
This programme is designed to provide students with a pathway into an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computing at the Dubai Campus. It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help students to bridge the gap between their school qualifications and the demands of a university degree.
Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of their chosen degree programme.
The programme will help students to develop their subject knowledge whilst providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
- BEng (Hons) Architectural Engineering
- BEng Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc Computer Systems
- BSc Computer Systems (Computer Games Programming)
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Entry Physics
- Entry Mathematics
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of B (60%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
- British GCE/IGCSE CCCCC
- Indian CBSE/HSSC or equivalent 70% pass at Year 11
- UAE Tawjihiyya 70%
- US American High School Diploma 70%
- Africa WASSC (WAEC / NECO) 5 'C4' grades.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving IELTS 5.5 in each category.