Degree Entry Programme Design Studies
- Duration 2 semesters (full-time)
- Delivery type Day
- Intake date September, January
- Fees 40000 AED
This programme is designed to provide students with a pathway into an undergraduate degree programme in the School of Textiles and Design at the Dubai Campus.
It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help students to bridge the gap between their school qualifications and the demands of a university degree. Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of their chosen degree programme.
The programme will help students to develop their subject knowledge while providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
Upon successful completion of this DEP, students will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Dubai Campus:
Students study the following subjects:
- Introduction to Design Studies
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Business Management
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of B (60%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
- British GCE/IGCSE CCCCC
- Indian CBSE/HSSC or equivalent 70% pass at Year 11
- UAE Tawjihiyya 70%
- US American High School Diploma 70%
- Africa WASSC (WAEC) 5 'C4' grades
- CBSE year 12 – 55% / Year 11 – 70%
- Philippine High School – 85%
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grades of 4
- IB – MYP year 11 – Minimum grades of 4
Students must achieve the overall grades stipulated, and these grades must include relevant subjects i.e. English.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving IELTS 5.5 in each category.