We may store information about your visit using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our corporate site in future. We do this for a number of reasons, such as:
- recognising your preferences so you don't need to re-enter them on every visit
- tracking progress through online applications
- monitoring site performance and content popularity.
Cookies in use
We use Google Analytics throughout our site to monitor site performance, content popularity and other quality indicators. Using this service may set up to five cookies from our site, all of which contain anonymous data:
- __utma, which contains a unique ID to record visits from the same user and expires after two years
- __utmb, to record the start of a session and expires after 30 minutes
- __utmc, a session cookie which only lasts while you view the site
- __utmv, only used if more custom, detailed statistics are required
- __utmz, to record where a visitor came from previously and expires after six months.
Some of our pages are used for online services (such as making payments and submitting applications), which use 'session' cookies to login or progress through application stages, and are only present within the session. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the service that the user has requested.
In addition to the cookies above, some third-party services we use also store cookies.